We Would Like to Know...
24Hr Shelter Services
Do You Have A Concern? We want to hear about it !
Bernadette McCann House staff place a high value on working effectively and cooperatively with you. We want to hear any questions, concerns and objections you may have about your involvement with us.
|1. What do I do when I am unhappy about something having to do with the services or the actions of a staff person? Please know that you are welcome to speak directly to the staff about what is concerning you. The Staff will likely address the problem promptly. The Staff person may need to speak to other members of the team and/or to the Manager in order to resolve the problem.
2. What do I do if I do not feel comfortable speaking to the staff involved about the problem? If you do not feel comfortable speaking to the staff involved, or if you did speak to the staff involved, but feel that the problem was not resolved, you may speak directly to a Manager. Residential Manager: 613.732.7776.111 Outreach Manager: 613.732.7776.107
|3. How will the Manager help to resolve the problem? She will work with you and the staff to resolve the problem as appropriately and quickly as possible.
4. What do I do if I am unhappy with the outcome of my discussions with the Manager?
You have the right to speak directly to the Executive Director at 613.732.7776.103
5. What will happen if I speak to the Executive Director? The Executive Director will ask you to put in writing your opinion about the problem and the actions taken thus far, and why you are unhappy with the outcome. She will arrange to meet with you to review your written complaint. She will speak with involved staff, and may invite them to a meeting with you. She will advise you of her decision and what action, if any, may be taken.
6. What do I do if I am unhappy with the outcome of the meeting with the Executive Director? You may appeal the decision, in writing to the Board of Directors of the Executive Director's decision. Your written appeal should include all information and decisions to date. The Chair of the Board will advise you and the Executive Director of the decision of the Board of Directors.
7. What do I do if I am unhappy with the outcome of the appeal meeting with the Chair of the Board? If you are unhappy with the results of the appeal meeting with the Chair of the Board, you may contact the Area Supervisor of the Government Ministry which funds the service, or your local member of Provincial Parliament.
A copy of the Agency's Complaints Policy is available upon request.
We also welcome General Inquiries, please use the form below.
E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Bernadette McCann House therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.
This email communication is NOT intended for Emergency use.
If you are in a Crisis please call 911 or our 24hr Crisis Lines: